NEED ADVICE -- ENGLISH COURSE MEDICAL REQUIREMENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amg_la

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all i need advice here, I took only one english course through my university because I tested out of a prerequisite, but did not receive credit for the prerequisite.

I was planning on taking a second english class spring of my senior year, however, since i does not appear on my transcript on in progress courses, I forgot to indicate my future plan to take this class. I have taken many writing intensive research and philosophy classes.

I submitted my application today, and just after i realized my mistake. How fu**ed am I? Is there anything i can do or will my application not even be reviewed by ADCOMS of schools that require 6semester hours of english.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all i need advice here, I took only one english course through my university because I tested out of a prerequisite, but did not receive credit for the prerequisite.

I was planning on taking a second english class spring of my senior year, however, since i does not appear on my transcript on in progress courses, I forgot to indicate my future plan to take this class. I have taken many writing intensive research and philosophy classes.

I submitted my application today, and just after i realized my mistake. How fu**ed am I? Is there anything i can do or will my application not even be reviewed by ADCOMS of schools that require 6semester hours of english.

If you have taken additional writing intensive courses within the English department (which it sounds like you have) then they can count towards the 6 semester hours of English. My point being that those 6 semester hours are not specifically reserved for 'English 1 and 2'. Don't waste your time worrying about this. Good luck!

thanks so much for the comments I reached out to a school Im applying to and they confirmed this. I just had to get my AMCAS metldown out of the way

If any school you are accepted to is concerned about your English credits, you can just take another class next summer.