Need advice- My Husband's med school is in Israel...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorman

TouroCOM-NY
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My husband might be going to med school in Israel this September. Originally I was planning to go for a PA program in the states, but Israel doesn't have any. I'm considering other medical professions- other than medical school. Since my hebrew is not that fluent and we are planning to move back to the states in a couple years I am looking for an American program, such as nursing, but I do not seem to find any.
Has anyone been in such a situation before? Anyone know of any American programs in Israel? Preferably one that I can differ my undergrad loans to and one that is accepted and accredited in the States?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My husband might be going to med school in Israel this September. Originally I was planning to go for a PA program in the states, but Israel doesn't have any. I'm considering other medical professions- other than medical school. Since my hebrew is not that fluent and we are planning to move back to the states in a couple years I am looking for an American program, such as nursing, but I do not seem to find any.
Has anyone been in such a situation before? Anyone know of any American programs in Israel? Preferably one that I can differ my undergrad loans to and one that is accepted and accredited in the States?
Thanks!

Ben Gurion U./ Columbia U's MSIH. (Medical School for Internatinal Health). It's an American MD program in Beersheva emphasizing global health issues within a typical 4 year curriculum. Here's the website: http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/bgcu-md/

Our grads get some great residencies despite the IMG bias they face. Almost all match into their field of choice. I have no idea about loan deferment. Salud.

^^^

She is looking for non-MD programs. Aside from the three MD American Programs here, I dont know of any other science professional schools in English.