Need advice on 8/23/05 DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance I can get into NYU? For those that were accepted to NYU, what were your stats? :D

I study for about 2 weeks, 6-7 hours a day. I should have started studying earlier :( But it's over and done with so here are my scores:

PAT 16
QA 18
RC 20
BIO 17
CHEM 18
ORGO 17
TS 18
AA 18

My cum GPA is 3.69 and sci GPA is 3.54. I applied to NYU, Tufts, Columbia, Stonybrook, Buffalo, BU, Temple, UConn, NJ, and Pitt.

What are my chances of getting in? My top choice is NYU since I live in NYC and I can commute back home (despite the $$$ tuition). And Columbia but with these scores I don't think I have a chance (I can still dream big, can't I? )

I really don't want to take it over again. This whole experience was so stressful

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jen

Members don't see this ad.

alfie5884 said:
Is there any chance I can get into NYU? For those that were accepted to NYU, what were your stats? :D

I study for about 2 weeks, 6-7 hours a day. I should have started studying earlier :( But it's over and done with so here are my scores:

PAT 16
QA 18
RC 20
BIO 17
CHEM 18
ORGO 17
TS 18
AA 18

My cum GPA is 3.69 and sci GPA is 3.54. I applied to NYU, Tufts, Columbia, Stonybrook, Buffalo, BU, Temple, UConn, NJ, and Pitt.

What are my chances of getting in? My top choice is NYU since I live in NYC and I can commute back home (despite the $$$ tuition). And Columbia but with these scores I don't think I have a chance (I can still dream big, can't I? )

I really don't want to take it over again. This whole experience was so stressful

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jen

For columbia i heard they only take dat AA scores of 21 or higher. but if you want NYU i think you'll be ok.

angel dust said:
For columbia i heard they only take dat AA scores of 21 or higher. but if you want NYU i think you'll be ok.

I agree

Any other opinions on whether I could get into NYU with these scores? Or if I should retake it? If so I have to take it in November. Would it be too late? :(