Need Advice on best online Pre Med courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike60

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am seeking help in finding the best accredited online university to complete my Pre Med requirements. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Mike

I will add, I have a B.S. in Psych and am in the Army. I would love to take a resident course but due to deployment schedules I can't be sure where I will be for a whole semester. I was hoping someone might have a specific school they went through for the classes. I am planning to go to the Military School in Bethesda, MD. I have already talked to them and with my military experience they need me to pick up the rest of the required courses and should not be a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude,
I'm thinking that online pre-req's are not a good idea. You need some amount of lab work for pre-req's (though I'm not sure how much) and you couldn't get that online. You'd be 100 times better off doing these classes at a University and about 99 times better off doing them at a community college. Good luck.

Dave

Your best bet is to go thru a regular university or college. Try doing a search thru Peterson's search engine for distance education and then choose one of the schools you've heard of. I've seen classes on there from Oklahoma State, UC-Davis, Univ of Colo - Boulder, and UMass I think....there's also a link on there for "consortiums" of online classes where they had a lot of choices too. Also UC-Berkeley Extension offers a lot of accredited classes too...Finally don't forget that you need labs for med school prereqs too tho, some schools will offer computer simulated labs, others at home labs, others will require you to come to a campus to do them, and still others won't offer labs at all so be careful when choosing a class!

Good luck!
--Jessica, UCCS

Reactions: 1 user
a) it's not a good idea to do important courses online like that

b) the pre-reqs in the sciences at least require lab too, so it would be better to do it at a local university where you can go to do the lab, even if you do do the theory part online (which I still think is not a great idea)