Need advice on Cal post bacs~ Thanks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranfast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've been doing research for a while, and I'm in need of suggestions. I'm narrowed down to 4 choices: SFSU, Mills, CSU East Bay, and UC post bacs.

My background:

Undergrad in Managerial Economics at UC Davis, overall GPA 3.7, science GAP (2 general chem, 1 year of calc and stats if they count): 4.0

Drawbacks: I haven't taken any standardized tests, and English is my second language. I am planning on taking GRE in a few months but I'm not super confident in my performance.

Questions:

1) As far as I know, UC post bacs require applicants to be done with pre-reqs, right? So I pretty much don't qualify since I have no science courses.

2) Should I do an informal post bac at CSU East Bay or a formal one?

Thanks for your time! I would really appreciate any experience/ suggestions /advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Okay, I've been doing research for a while, and I'm in need of suggestions. I'm narrowed down to 4 choices: SFSU, Mills, CSU East Bay, and UC post bacs.

My background:

Undergrad in Managerial Economics at UC Davis, overall GPA 3.7, science GAP (2 general chem, 1 year of calc and stats if they count): 4.0

Drawbacks: I haven't taken any standardized tests, and English is my second language. I am planning on taking GRE in a few months but I'm not super confident in my performance.

Questions:

1) As far as I know, UC post bacs require applicants to be done with pre-reqs, right? So I pretty much don't qualify since I have no science courses.

Yes the UC post bacs does require the applicant to finish their medical pre-reqs, so you would not qualify.

2) Should I do an informal post bac at CSU East Bay or a formal one?

I would recommend doing a formal post-bac because you will not get into the classes you need otherwise due to budget cuts. Whether you want to do mills or CSU is really up to your financial capabilities. Mills (ie. private schools) are generally more expensive than state school.