premedkid1994

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I hand write my flashcards and read through them every day I do practice problems for that particular subject.
I've made:
~400 flashcards for biochem and molecular biology
~300 flashcards for physiology
~300 flashcards for psychology (and counting)
~100 flashcards for gen chem (and counting)
~50 flashcards for physics (and counting)
~25 flashcards for ochem (and counting)

I started to make flashcards ~2-3 weeks ago and I've noticed they have been helping me with retaining a lot of information.

I got a 503 on ns fl 1 about a month ago, and I started to redo content review and did gen chem/physics practice problems for berkeley review. I got really mad at myself after that score and went back to hit the books again.
Going to be taking my next fl before the end of this month (ns 3).
Starting up practice fls and KA biochem passages/psychology passages again next month. Taking my mcat on sep 1st. Hopefully re-doing content review and flashcards along with physical science passages helps me on my next fl.

Schedule for next month is going to look something like this:
week 1:
Day 1: CARS practice + gen chem/ochem flashcards review + BR gen chem passages
Day 2: CARS practice+ physics flashcards review + BR physics passages
Day 3: CARS practice+ Biochem/molecular bio flashcards review + KA bis passages
Day 4: CARS practice+ physiology flashcards review + KA bis passages
Day 5: CARS practice + psychology flashcards review + KA psych passages
Day 6: NS fl #4 + review fl
Day 7: REPEAT

Does anybody have good advice as to whether I am on the right track regarding my schedule, flashcards, and practice passages? I will be adding whatever info I have trouble with to my flashcard decks as I do practice passages.Taking my mcat on Sep 1st

Thank you :)

OP
premedkid1994

premedkid1994

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Consider doing sections of TPR or Kaplan full-lengths as passages. This gets you passages in timed conditions.
that's a very good point. I will definitely add that on days I'm doing bis or physical sciences. Thank you!

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I hand write my flashcards and read through them every day I do practice problems for that particular subject.
I've made:
~400 flashcards for biochem and molecular biology
~300 flashcards for physiology
~300 flashcards for psychology (and counting)
~100 flashcards for gen chem (and counting)
~50 flashcards for physics (and counting)
~25 flashcards for ochem (and counting)

I started to make flashcards ~2-3 weeks ago and I've noticed they have been helping me with retaining a lot of information.

I got a 503 on ns fl 1 about a month ago, and I started to redo content review and did gen chem/physics practice problems for berkeley review. I got really mad at myself after that score and went back to hit the books again.
Going to be taking my next fl before the end of this month (ns 3).
Starting up practice fls and KA biochem passages/psychology passages again next month. Taking my mcat on sep 1st. Hopefully re-doing content review and flashcards along with physical science passages helps me on my next fl.

Schedule for next month is going to look something like this:
week 1:
Day 1: CARS practice + gen chem/ochem flashcards review + BR gen chem passages
Day 2: CARS practice+ physics flashcards review + BR physics passages
Day 3: CARS practice+ Biochem/molecular bio flashcards review + KA bis passages
Day 4: CARS practice+ physiology flashcards review + KA bis passages
Day 5: CARS practice + psychology flashcards review + KA psych passages
Day 6: NS fl #4 + review fl
Day 7: REPEAT

Does anybody have good advice as to whether I am on the right track regarding my schedule, flashcards, and practice passages? I will be adding whatever info I have trouble with to my flashcard decks as I do practice passages.Taking my mcat on Sep 1st

Thank you :)
Seems like a good plan. Just maybe like crane said, be sure to do sections. I might do a section every other day for the section you are reviewing at the time. Also I probably would dedicate more time to Biochemistry/Molecular Biology. That stuff is the highest yield material in both C/P and B/B