Need advice on job hunting!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dysic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I didn't match with a residency and I'm not expecting to scramble either.

I'm going to improve my CV by getting more work experience (that's the weakeness in my CV).

I have around 1.5 years of retail experience. Anyone have any advice on job hunting? Ideally, I'd like to get a clinical position (preferably amcare)....but that will be difficult since I never worked in a hospital and only have my hospital/clinical experiences from my 4th year rotations.

I'm pretty open to finding a retail pharmacy job (preferably not CVS!), but I do not know how I plan to go about applying.

I'm not tied down by location (can move anywhere)....I can work anywhere in the US....but preferably in my home state of California.

I just wanted to make this post to see if there is something important I'm missing about job hunting.

Any advice or experiences will be much appreciated.

Dysic

Members don't see this ad.

My employer has hospital staff pharmacist openings in 6 midwestern states. Send me a private message if you're interested.

I was in your shoes last year. Applied to many clinical jobs, but they would not talk to me. It is hard to get anything from a hospital with no work experience or a license. I would shoot for second or third shift positions at community hospitals in less urban areas. My hospital in Georgia is currently looking for a third shift position. Pm me if you want more details about the job or my search.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

I didn't match with a residency and I'm not expecting to scramble either.

I'm going to improve my CV by getting more work experience (that's the weakeness in my CV).

I have around 1.5 years of retail experience. Anyone have any advice on job hunting? Ideally, I'd like to get a clinical position (preferably amcare)....but that will be difficult since I never worked in a hospital and only have my hospital/clinical experiences from my 4th year rotations.

I'm pretty open to finding a retail pharmacy job (preferably not CVS!), but I do not know how I plan to go about applying.

I'm not tied down by location (can move anywhere)....I can work anywhere in the US....but preferably in my home state of California.

I just wanted to make this post to see if there is something important I'm missing about job hunting.

Any advice or experiences will be much appreciated.

Dysic
just started my job search after the terrible Match experiences, not a smooth process for sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a few years of experiences working as an inpatient pharmacy intern.

just started my job search after the terrible Match experiences, not a smooth process for sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a few years of experiences working as an inpatient pharmacy intern.

Someone recommended me indeed.com