need advice on pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am in my junior year now. I haven't taken all of my pre-rqs yet. I will be applying this fall for marticulation in fall of 2007(let's say that i will somehow get mcat done this april, and yes call me crazy since i didn't take pre-rqs in full but i did take 1 year of phys & orgo in hs in poland so i guess i can be able to refresh stuff a little).
I just have a question. If i am going to be taking pre-rqs classes still in fall(maybe even spring) when i will be applying then they obviously won't have my grades. Is it ok to be still taking those classes while i am during the application process?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no point in taking the mcat that early. Schools will want to see your core prereq grades on your amcas anyway, which means the earliest you can enter med school is 2008. Might as well hold off on the mcat until you finish the classes.

NapeSpikes said:
There's no point in taking the mcat that early. Schools will want to see your core prereq grades on your amcas anyway, which means the earliest you can enter med school is 2008. Might as well hold off on the mcat until you finish the classes.

I tend to agree. Take the courses and then take the MCAT. You may even find that your college courses cover things differently or in more detail or with more focus than your high school courses, and thus put you in better shape for the MCAT. Also may end up being a very different course if for no other reason than the change in language (I'm totally guessing). Get everything in order and ready to go and then apply in the subsequent year. The goal is to get in -- it is not a race. Good luck.