Aug 27, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi, I received my MCAT score today, and to say the least, I am a little bit disappointed. I got a 28 (PS 10, VR8, PS10). I hoped to get a 30 but that is simply not the case.

I am a Canadian citizen looking into US MD programs and need some advice as to if it is even worth my time applying.

Some of my information is as follows:

I am a second year pharmacy student with a GPA of 3.85 - 3.95 (GPA in my province is on a 4.5 scale).

I have completed a Bachelors degree in biology and microbiology, while enrolled in pharmacy. I am going into my 4th year university. (This shows how terrible my life has been for the past 3 years)

I have about 100 hours of volunteer experience total and some health care experience (due to my enrolment as a pharmacy student)

I work about 10 hours a week during the school year and full time during my summers. I work as a life guard. I have accumulated about 2100 hours in the past three years.

I speak three different languages, English, Russian and French (Not as well as the other two but still am able to converse).

I am an immigrant who was originally born in Moldova (a small european country).

I have been involved with a number of student groups.

I dont have any research.

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE AS TO IF IT IS EVEN WORTH MY TIME APPLYING TO US MEDICAL SCHOOLS!!!

Aug 27, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi, I received my MCAT score today, and to say the least, I am a little bit disappointed. I got a 28 (PS 10, VR8, PS10). I hoped to get a 30 but that is simply not the case.

I am a Canadian citizen looking into US MD programs and need some advice as to if it is even worth my time applying.

Some of my information is as follows:

I am a second year pharmacy student with a GPA of 3.85 - 3.95 (GPA in my province is on a 4.5 scale).

I have completed a Bachelors degree in biology and microbiology, while enrolled in pharmacy. I am going into my 4th year university. (This shows how terrible my life has been for the past 3 years)

I have about 100 hours of volunteer experience total and some health care experience (due to my enrolment as a pharmacy student)

I work about 10 hours a week during the school year and full time during my summers. I work as a life guard. I have accumulated about 2100 hours in the past three years.

I speak three different languages, English, Russian and French (Not as well as the other two but still am able to converse).

I am an immigrant who was originally born in Moldova (a small european country).

I have been involved with a number of student groups.

I dont have any research.

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE AS TO IF IT IS EVEN WORTH MY TIME APPLYING TO US MEDICAL SCHOOLS!!!

Last edited:
May 21, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
id say doubtful
low MCAT, no research, international student, (if youre trying to apply this year) late application

not a good combination

About the Ads

SFU

Apr 18, 2013
Status (Visible)
Retake the MCAT and get way more experience in ECs. Don't look to the US quite yet.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.