This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandra BSoli

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some advice please! So I had to switch majors from biological sciences to political science. I am a fourth year at my university. I am a first generation student.
I switched out because I could not get one class (it got full really fast) and so they kicked me out of the major. I had been doing poorly my first two years because I was going through a terrible depression that I couldnt get out of until I finally got the hang of things and started seeing clearly. the last prereq I got was Organic Chemistry and it was the first part of the series (I recieved a B+) and i really liked the class. I was determined to do better, but because of this change in majors I was no longer to continue on
(basically ive taken the general chem series, some of the gen bio series (not all!) I wasnt able to take all of them just yet. No upper div chem. No physics. No calculus only stats. ) So as you can see I was very behind and was planning to stay another year and take summer classes to complete my prereqs for med school.
Right now I don't know if I should try to take some more prereqs alongside my poltical science classes or if i should just graduate and take the rest somewhere else.
I was also wanting to know if you guys had any advice as to where I could take these classes? should I take them at community, take some at UCLA or UC Berkeley extension.
Am i even eligible for a post bac???? Probably not??
I was looking at career changer but im not eligible probably.
My mindset has changed and im committed and ambitious by the way.

Members don't see this ad.