Need Advice! RE: Buying a practice or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well I am currently at a fork in the road. I have completed 2 years of dental school and am struggling. I am not sure if I will graduate on time, and for every year extra I am here I am increasing my loans by a truckload. An older family member of mine currently has a dental practice which I would consider to be a high end, mult-speciatly practice. I have always wanted to own and run my own dental practice and before dental school ran a couple of different offices. I was wondering if I would be crazy to buy into this practice, run the business aspect of this practice and not finish dental school. Eventually this is what I want to do, and I am not even sure if I would want to practice as a dentist. What should I do??? Also if you think buying into this practice is a good route any tips on how I should go about doing that...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Tough out the next 2 years. In most states, non-dentists can not own a dental practice anyhow.

Even if I am in a partnership with a practicing dentist....and what happens if while in the partnership the partnered dentist retires....you are probably right though about toughing it out....thanks for the reply!