Need advice<retaking a retook class??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustyGTech

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took Calculus my Freshman year at a community college and got a B+, however because my major at the time only required calc 1 I never took calc 2......2 years later and after taking 1 semester off my major changed and I needed to take calc 2....but bc it had been so long since I had been in a math class I decided I should just restart over again and take calc 1 again rather than jumping right into calc 2 and not know wht was going on...so now at the university I took calc 1 again and for various reasons including a horrible teacher my grade was a D+

So my question is when I apply will the b+ or the D+ average into my gpa, and secondly, evn if the B+ affects my gpa should I re-take calc 1 for the third time or just move on to calc 2?????

Members don't see this ad.

Both will average into your amcas gpa. You have to list every course you've ever taken from all schools and the grades for each, including classification as math, which would count toward your BCPM gpa. Don't bother taking it a third time as long as your major allows you to either count the D+ toward your degree or get transfer credit for the B+.

By the way MAC12383 is talking about MD programs. For DO schools they take your best grade. However I'm not sure if there's a caveat on how many times you can retake a class. Can someone clarify that?