Sep 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi there,

My friend got verified mid August. They've submitted some secondaries, but have the majority not completed as of right now. They also only applied to MD/PhD programs at schools.

Does she have time to add schools for normal MD this late? Does she still have a chance at applying this cycle and submitting the rest of her current secondaries? I'd hate to see the work she put in lost due to unlucky circumstances this year.

Her stats are 3.7/517, 2 gap years, mid level authorship, few poster presentations, lots of research hours, clinical hours, has volunteering, has had independent art exhibition and other published pieces, and what I believe to be a unique and interesting life story. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Goro @LizzyM @Faha

Last edited:

gogetter898

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
before mid october and youre fine for md with stats like that i would say but probs check with @gonnif and other adcoms v premed me

About the Ads

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Candor Chasma
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
If she's serious about MD/PhD, she may be in luck given that those interviews tend to be late in the cycle and all the applications are reviewed before applicants are selected for the interview days (yes, often a two day affair). She should prioritize those schools that have research portfolios that most interest her vis a vis her PhD work.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.