need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyface2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am a foreign trained dentist leaving clinical practice for 11years. Now I am a researcher in immunology field. I want to go back to school again so I am having my shadowing in a dental clinic. I am wondering if I need to get a paid dental assitant position in order to have bigger chance for acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Dental assistant job will largely affect the chances of admission. It a lot better than shadowing. Hope that helps

Thank you so much. I was wondering if it has to be a paid position or a volunteer dental assistant in a free clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much. I was wondering if it has to be a paid position or a volunteer dental assistant in a free clinic.
Anything would do, I did both, I was volunteering at community clinic and was working as paid dental assistant in 2 offices. Do as much work as possible in the US. Hope this helps

Anything would do, I did both, I was volunteering at community clinic and was working as paid dental assistant in 2 offices. Do as much work as possible in the US. Hope this helps

Agreed on this one !