Need advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a hackneyed post, but disregard if it bothers you!

I'm a Texas resident and was just wondering what out-state-schools I should reasonably apply to (I want some options in case I decide to leave TX!). Here are my numbers:

GPA: 3.68 overall (4.0 science GPA--all post-bacc work)

I was a business major, did some Healthcare IT consulting, and came back to take all science classes as a post-bacc.

MCAT: 30M (8V 12P 10B)

Here is my list:

All TMDSAS schools
Baylor
Finch
Priztker (sp?)
Loyola
Einstein
Mt. Sinai
NYMC
NYU

I was also thinking about reaching for Cornell, Columbia, USC, and Stanford, but this may be a waste of money?

Please help! :D

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

-tx

Members don't see this ad.

As a fellow business major I recommend that you save yourself $100 grand and stay in Texas. You can do your residency at Stanford. It looks like you might be applying to schools you don't really want to attend. You will spend a lot of time flying around the country for interviews at schools you don't want to go to. If you've got dream schools definitely apply to them! But my dream would be to go to a great school in Texas and then do a residency at Stanford without a $200k debt hanging over my head. :)

skypilot said:
As a fellow business major I recommend that you save yourself $100 grand and stay in Texas. You can do your residency at Stanford. It looks like you might be applying to schools you don't really want to attend. You will spend a lot of time flying around the country for interviews at schools you don't want to go to. If you've got dream schools definitely apply to them! But my dream would be to go to a great school in Texas and then do a residency at Stanford without a $200k debt hanging over my head. :)

Well said. Thanks!

-tx