need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashpea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys think I should do. I am taking the MCAT on Monday, and I have been averaging a 28/29 on the AAMC practice tests. I was originally going to take AAMC 10 tomorrow, but now I'm not sure if that is such a good idea. I have taken AAMC's 3-9, and most of Kaplan's practice tests. I don't want to risk getting a 26 or something on AAMC 10 and have it completely ruin my confidence...

I have done 14 practice exams total (including Kaplan and AAMC). Do you guys think I should still take AAMC 10 tomorrow, or just focus on building up my confidence by reviewing the material?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like 14 is plenty. I did like 3, haha (1 Kaplan, 2 AAMC). I would focus on reviewing your weak areas. The AAMC ones give you the breakdown for your weak areas, so you can just focus on reviewing one or two of those.

Just take 10 with the explanations key selected (if you're taking it online). That way you won't be too nervous and it'll be just like 140something practice questions. Good way to build confidence to see that you can get a 45 if you only had that solutions button :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not take 10 so close to the real thing, especially if you're worried about not doing well. If you want, you can take the sections that you are strongest in only, then you'll get the practice and your confidence will be up. Good luck to you! :luck:

Taking the full length has the advantages of 'timing' and 'endurance.'

You've taken sooooo many full lengths you must have a good concept of timing; probably taking it so close to the real one could only have adverse effects on endurance.

So, here's what I'd do: Break the test up into little pieces. Figure out what areas are your weaknesses and look to see if any of the passages are in those areas. Do a couple discrete the morning of the test to get your mind flowing.....

And probably the most helpful thing I did the days before my exam was I sat down and just read leisurely through the biology review book (EK), which gave me context to everything I've been learning, confidence, and most importantly, it allowed me to keep my eyes moving-- reading speed and comprehension.