Need AdviceMasters degree to Enhance Dental School App.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothypasty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my question is, does it matter what kind of SMP you do as long as you do well in terms of enhancing dental school applications? I got rejected from all the dental schools I applied to last cycle, except for NYU. I called NYU dental school today and they said that there was no change in my application status. I haven't even been invited for an interview, so I'm not even on the waitlist... so I don't see how that's not the same as being rejected at this point in the game.

I got into 2 masters programs, UMDNJ and BU and am having a really really hard time deciding between the two. UMDNJ is cheaper, but might not be as good of a program, but going to BU would require me to move, and pay almost double the ammount that I would at UMDNJ. Does it matter as long as I do well? or is it worth the extra money? Could one program possibly be $20K +the amount of rent better than another? I'm so confused. I have a 3.14 overall gpa, and similar science, and 19/19 TS and AA so I pretty much have to do a masters... Thanks in advance for your advice!:D

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should go with UMDNJ. I remember looking at their program a while ago and actually was pretty impressed with it. Plus it is a lot cheaper than BU. You can't really say UMDNJ is not well reputable, b/c it is a fairly well known program. Save the money and go to UMDNJ.

Thanks 4th Molar, you said you looked at their program a while ago, did you pick another program, or did you end up not needing to do a SMP? Why didn't you decide to attend?

Toothypasty:

It also depends on which DS you want to go to.