need advise and help with 2021/2022 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheena0707

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here and really hoping to get honest advise and help.

I've been a hospitalist for 4 years now, finally decided to apply for pulm/crit. I have decent USMLE scores, people who are willing to write good letters, I have never really been a research person so I don't have that under my belt

planning to apply for next match but have no idea where to begin.

My questions:
- how soon can you start working on your ERAS application
- how soon to ask letter writers to start writing letters and send them to upload
- realistically, based on my experience as a hospitalist, whats the chances of getting it? is it even worth a try?

Thanks a lot.

If there are other people in the same boat, please reach out to me and maybe we can work on this together

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am new here and really hoping to get honest advise and help.

I've been a hospitalist for 4 years now, finally decided to apply for pulm/crit. I have decent USMLE scores, people who are willing to write good letters, I have never really been a research person so I don't have that under my belt

planning to apply for next match but have no idea where to begin.

My questions:
- how soon can you start working on your ERAS application
- how soon to ask letter writers to start writing letters and send them to upload
- realistically, based on my experience as a hospitalist, whats the chances of getting it? is it even worth a try?

Thanks a lot.

If there are other people in the same boat, please reach out to me and maybe we can work on this together

If you are looking for a July 2021 start, that process has already completed.
If you are looking for a July 2022 start, the ERAS system won't open until around June 2021. You can ask people to write you letters now, but they will need to hold them until middle of next year. If you start an ERAS application now, it will get wiped out of the system when they reset for the new cycle.

CCM/PCCM is on the July Application Cycle Timeline. Specific dates for the next cycle aren't listed on the ERAS system (it still shows the current cycle which was for a July 2021 start, but as mentioned, those programs have all filled). You can check on the dates when it updates; Timeline - ERAS® Fellowships Documents Office (erasfellowshipdocuments.org)