BonaPharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2005
Status
I need advise from you really bad. This is my third time taking this crazy test and still can't do well on it. Everytime I had to take it I was on a full schedule at school also but I really studied for them. I just got my score of 45 which is really bad. I guess I am just not a good test taker or I don't know what is wrong. I applied last year got an interview at Carolina but still didn't get in. I have a GPA of 3.62 at a university, and I have worked in a Pharmacy for 7 years, 4 as a pharmacy technician. I am also nationally certified. Part of my problem in all these test is I am not doing well on verbal because english is not my first language. I moved to this country 7 years ago and didnt know the language. My question is should I re-take the exam again on October, and go ahead and apply again? This has been my dream since I was 13 and I am not about to give up, however, I am very depressed because of this test and I just don't know what to do anymore. I need some advise from anyone please, is there any hope for me to get in?

Thanks,

PRINCESS_IJ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2006
Maryland
Status
Pharmacist
Why don't u take it again in october but with a lighter school load?
BonaPharm said:
I need advise from you really bad. This is my third time taking this crazy test and still can't do well on it. Everytime I had to take it I was on a full schedule at school also but I really studied for them. I just got my score of 45 which is really bad. I guess I am just not a good test taker or I don't know what is wrong. I applied last year got an interview at Carolina but still didn't get in. I have a GPA of 3.62 at a university, and I have worked in a Pharmacy for 7 years, 4 as a pharmacy technician. I am also nationally certified. Part of my problem in all these test is I am not doing well on verbal because english is not my first language. I moved to this country 7 years ago and didnt know the language. My question is should I re-take the exam again on October, and go ahead and apply again? This has been my dream since I was 13 and I am not about to give up, however, I am very depressed because of this test and I just don't know what to do anymore. I need some advise from anyone please, is there any hope for me to get in?

Thanks,

kvl1027

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Status
Pharmacist
BonaPharm said:

Thanks,
If you have no intentions of giving up then you need to re-take the test. What were your other scores on different sections. I would think if you did really well on all of the sections except for verbal, your composite should be much higher.
Another thing you might have to consider is another carrer option. I am not trying to be negative, I think you will be able to do it, especially with your experience, I'm just saying that everyone is told they can be whatever they want and this is a delusion. Some people are good at some things and some are good at others. I could never be a professional athlete, it's just not in the cards for me, and a lot of professional athletes coould never be professional musicians. It's just they way it works.
I hope everything works out for you, re-take the test try and do really really well on all of the other sections, and try to make small improvements in the verbal section and you will be fine. Good Luck!!

Sirius77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Utah
Status
Pharmacy Student
then keep on working on it. Focus on the sections that you are weak on. I didn't do so great either so I will be signing up to take it in October. Don't let anyone step on your dreams. But, really you need to lighten your load and put in the time needed to study, if you want to improve your scores.

just my 2 cents

About the Ads