Technology Need an Xbox 360 Expert!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if anyone could help me out I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

So I got my Xbox 360 back in December 2006. Now, 1.5 years later, it's starting to die on me - random freezing, disc errors, etc. etc. Tonight, it just froze while starting up "Rock Band." Restarted the console, same problem. Restarted again, and it froze while loading the dashboard. Needless to say, it needs to be replaced. Fortunately for me I have a Costco lifetime warranty (thanks Costco!) so all I need to do is pack it up and return it for a brand new one.

Problem is, I have several user profiles on the console that need to be saved. One of them is an Xbox Live profile, so I'm guessing I can restore that one (and all my achievement points) by redownloading it. But what about the others? I'll be able to keep my old hard drive (and all my DLC that's on it), but are the other user profiles saved on there? Should I try to make the user profiles I'm keeping Xbox Live profiles so I can re-download them?

Anyone know what would be the best way to handle this dilemma? ANY advice is greatly appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, if anyone could help me out I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

So I got my Xbox 360 back in December 2006. Now, 1.5 years later, it's starting to die on me - random freezing, disc errors, etc. etc. Tonight, it just froze while starting up "Rock Band." Restarted the console, same problem. Restarted again, and it froze while loading the dashboard. Needless to say, it needs to be replaced. Fortunately for me I have a Costco lifetime warranty (thanks Costco!) so all I need to do is pack it up and return it for a brand new one.

Problem is, I have several user profiles on the console that need to be saved. One of them is an Xbox Live profile, so I'm guessing I can restore that one (and all my achievement points) by redownloading it. But what about the others? I'll be able to keep my old hard drive (and all my DLC that's on it), but are the other user profiles saved on there? Should I try to make the user profiles I'm keeping Xbox Live profiles so I can re-download them?

Anyone know what would be the best way to handle this dilemma? ANY advice is greatly appreciated...

If you're keeping your hard drive, then there should be no worry. That's there all profiles are stored. The Xbox 360 has no internal memory storage like the Wii. If you buy a hard drive-less 360, they make you get a memory card to do anything useful.

thanks_graphics_14.gif