Need excellent pain doc in Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

Need a fantastic pain doc in Boston or Boston area for a physician friend of mine who has likely cervicogenic headaches with likely migraine on top of that. No opioids. Who is recommended?

Feel free to PM me.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy all,

Need a fantastic pain doc in Boston or Boston area for a physician friend of mine who has likely cervicogenic headaches with likely migraine on top of that. No opioids. Who is recommended?

Feel free to PM me.

thanks

I'm certain that there are many good options in the Boston area. Alexios down the road in Providence, Rhode Island is fantastic...

Alexios G. Carayannopoulos, DO, MPH | Lifespan

Howdy all,

Feel free to PM me.

thanks

Tangent:

When u guys says cervicogenic headache u mean refered from upper facets? Cervical facet loading making headache pain worse? Treat TON and C3 for C2/3 facet as first line? Maybe A/A or A/O if fails?

Whereas similar headache pattern not reproduced with facet loading is more occipital neuralgia with GONB/lesser ONB?

I just get confused how people are using these terms...

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy all,

Feel free to PM me.

thanks

Anyone at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s will be able to help. Wonderful place.
BID is also good.

Good luck.

Tangent:

When u guys says cervicogenic headache u mean refered from upper facets? Cervical facet loading making headache pain worse? Treat TON and C3 for C2/3 facet as first line? Maybe A/A or A/O if fails?

Whereas similar headache pattern not reproduced with facet loading is more occipital neuralgia with GONB/lesser ONB?

Bump

Tangent:

Any kind of neck pain can cause headaches. I often target lower cervical facets first.

Howdy all,

Feel free to PM me.

thanks

Brian Waingner, neurology/ pain medicine @ MGH. All the headache patients referred to the clinic go to him. Spends a lot of times with his patient's. The guy really knows his stuff!

As you all know C2/3 is the most common cause of headaches followed by C5/6... right?