Need feedback for GWU Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to be assured that for the following question, you are supposed to say which factor will be more important to you as a doctor, right? I wanted to say People, but got kind of confused as to whether they meant becoming competent in having people skills, or having interest persuing ways to help people, rather than mastering science as a doctor.

I guess when I saw the word "competent" I was thinking in terms of them wanting to know if I consider mastering skills in the field of science or become competent in dealing with people...

Can anyone solve the mystery? Thanks!

Question from GWU
All careers in medicine involve both science and people. While we expect all physicians to be competent in both areas, please choose which one you think will be more important to you personaly in your medical future.

Members don't see this ad.

There's no right answer here. What will be more important to you personally. I interpret "people" as interacting with patients, serving the community, etc,. I interpret "science" as the scientific basis of healing, new advances in medical technology, etc. Obviously both are important, I think they want to know what makes you tick!

we only get 4 lines to answer that question?