Need guidance for NBDE Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vwake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new member and need guidance ( :confused: ) about the preparation for NBDE Part-1. I got a g.p.a of 3.8.

1) Are Dental Decks 2004 and Kaplan review notes are enough for the preparation?
2) How many months preparation is needed and by what time should the scores be ready?
3) How much percentile is needed to fetch an entry to a dental school?
4) How many dental schools ask for only NBDE Part 1?

Any suggestions or advices are appreciated and will be thankful.

Vwake

Members don't see this ad.

vwake said:
Hi,

I am a new member and need guidance ( :confused: ) about the preparation for NBDE Part-1. I got a g.p.a of 3.8.

1) Are Dental Decks 2004 and Kaplan review notes are enough for the preparation?
2) How many months preparation is needed and by what time should the scores be ready?
3) How much percentile is needed to fetch an entry to a dental school?
4) How many dental schools ask for only NBDE Part 1?

Any suggestions or advices are appreciated and will be thankful.

Vwake
Last edited by vwake : Today at 09:19 AM. Reason: Title not catchy

Welcome to SDN... If you lurk around this forum a little longer you will realize this title isn't catchy either. :D Any way to answer your questions....
1. Yes
2. On an average 4 months some do it in two some in 6. It depends how well you know your basics... I will suggest 6.
3. The first digit should be a '9' if you have no work experience. That is if your resume is a hopeless, a 90+ is a must. Otherwise people have gotten in with an 80+
4. around 15 ask for part 1 only and around 5 ask for part 2 (plus or minus a couple).

Go through these forums and you will get more information. I know the search function isn't working but will be back soon. Go through the Links to Foreign trained dentist... that is a very helpful thread. It's a sticky.
Good luck :luck:

Oh I forgot papers are a must!!!!