Need Guidence.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!
I am a Doctor from India. I have degree of M.B.B.S, M.D in biochemistry and Ph.D in Biochemistry. and i have 25 years of teaching and research experience in biochemistry. I dont want to go through USMLE So anyone has any idea what are my chance of getting job here, where i should apply. Pls reply soon, i will really appriciate.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

To work as a physician/surgeon you will need to do USMLE for USA, MCCQE for Canada (www.mcc.ca) and I think the AMC Exam for Australia.
In short if you want to go to any developed nation like the three I mentioned you will have to do some sort of exam to verify/standardize your abilities.

Otherwise if you chose to just utilize your PhD (and do research) then I cannot see any hurdles like you'd encounter if trying to practice as a medical doctor.
If you want to do research in biochemistry-contact these people:

www.kinexus.ca
www.stressgen.com

These are biomedical research companies that are always looking to hire people with experience. They are in Canada. No doubt you can find tons of companies in the USA.