Need Help - Completed MBBS + MD(Medicine) from India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drPankaj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Friends,
I have completed my MBBS & MD (Medicine) from India in 1990. I have 20 years of experience practicing medicine in India. I recently moved to USA and also passed USMLE Step I with 233(97%) , Step II with 238(99%) and passed Step II CS. I applied to over 200 residency programs in IM & FM but unfortunately didn't hear any positive response.

I want to practice Medicine in USA. So please give me any advise/suggestions, what I can do to get into residency program or practice medicine here.

Also if you have any other suggestions regarding health care career opportunities in USA, please let me know. I am open to any options available, to keep my health care career up and running.

I will be very thankful.
Thank you for any help.
Regards.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Friends,
I have completed my MBBS & MD (Medicine) from India in 1990. I have 20 years of experience practicing medicine in India. I recently moved to USA and also passed USMLE Step I with 233(97%) , Step II with 238(99%) and passed Step II CS. I applied to over 200 residency programs in IM & FM but unfortunately didn't hear any positive response.

I want to practice Medicine in USA. So please give me any advise/suggestions, what I can do to get into residency program or practice medicine here.

Also if you have any other suggestions regarding health care career opportunities in USA, please let me know. I am open to any options available, to keep my health care career up and running.

I will be very thankful.
Thank you for any help.
Regards.

It has become increasingly difficult to get into residency. There are several factors and one thing that stands out is the years following graduation. Unfortunately, the odds are stacked against you here, although this is not a reflection of your commitment and experience. Is there any reason why you would like to practice in the US and give up the current arrangement?