Need help deciding which schools to apply to based on stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gumdroprain

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Can I get some advice on which schools to get rid of and which schools to add on my list based on my stats?

NC resident btw

Stats:

cGPA: 3.331
sGPA: 3.2-3.3
DAT: 24AA/24TS/22PAT

School List:

ECU
UNC
Dental College of Georgia
Temple University
Marquette University
Ohio State University
University of Buffalo
University of Alabama
University of Louisville
University of Maryland
University of Connecticut
University of Minnesota

Trying to stay on the eastern half of the US.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Can I get some advice on which schools to get rid of and which schools to add on my list based on my stats?

NC resident btw

Stats:

School List:

ECU
UNC
Temple University
Marquette University
Ohio State University
University of Buffalo
University of Alabama
University of Louisville
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota

Thank you!
any DAT sections under 17?
have you checked the OOS acceptance rate for all these schools?

any DAT sections under 17?
have you checked the OOS acceptance rate for all these schools?
No sections under 17, and it seems like Georgia and Ohio don't accept many OOS. Just don't know if they're worth applying to as an OOS based on my stats, especially GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
Take out Minessota, way too expensive for OOS, UCONN is difficult for OOS to get accepeted

Reactions: 1 users
Heard good things about Creighton. I know you mentioned wanting to stay more on the east but if you have Marquette (WI) then a little more mid-west could work. Omaha has a good cost of living as well. Tuition at Creighton is of course private but comparable to the other private ones you have listed too. Your best bet are the North Carolina ones (both chances and costs) since you're in-state there. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
No sections under 17, and it seems like Georgia and Ohio don't accept many OOS. Just don't know if they're worth applying to as an OOS based on my stats, especially GPA
are you willing to apply again next year if you don't get accepted?
you might want to add some private schools to your list...

have you attended events/volunteered/shadowed at your in state schools?

Hey everyone,

NC resident btw

Stats:

School List:

ECU
UNC
Temple University
Marquette University
Ohio State University
University of Buffalo
University of Alabama
University of Louisville
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota

Thank you!
As long as your shadowing and volunteering are on point ECU should be well within reach, and with that DAT you have a good shot at UNC as well. Remove UCONN and UB, they're very hard to get into for OOS.

I didn’t even get an interview to osu as an oos lol. 3.75-3.85 gpa 23-24 dat solid ECs. My friend got accepted though, but he’s a 4.0 23 kinda guy. Worst that can happen is you lose a couple hundred dollars in app fees. If you can only afford a certain amount of schools, use that money towards a different program. If you’re financially able to apply to however many, sure the 0.1% chance might be worth it to you. Maybe you have an incredible story in your personal statement

Lecom in Florida would be a worthy one to add