Need help..got new mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwaranch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well my first mcat was a 24 with a 6 in verbal. My new mcat is a 32. I have a 3.75 cgpa and 3.6 science gpa. Decent EC's. No research experience. I had only planned on applying do and have sent in secondaries already but now i want to apply md as well. What schools would be good to apply to who research wouldnt be a must at and are oos friendly? I am a mo resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Well my first mcat was a 24 with a 6 in verbal. My new mcat is a 32. I have a 3.75 cgpa and 3.6 science gpa. Decent EC's. No research experience. I had only planned on applying do and have sent in secondaries already but now i want to apply md as well. What schools would be good to apply to who research wouldnt be a must at and are oos friendly? I am a mo resident.

I'd recommend spending 15 dollars and buying MSAR. That way you can look at the MD schools where your scores are competitive (and ofcourse who are OOS friendly). Sorry don't have that many schools for you off the top of my head but New york and PA are OOS friendly normally.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=831618
You will be fine applying to most of the lower ranked schools without research

Members don't see this ad :)
13-Ps
10-VR
9-BS.

I got a 10 in BS on my first mcat though. And I think the only more highly ranked school I will apply to will be Baylor just because I have always liked that school. I guess that can be my reach school. I am going to apply to Mizzou being my state school and SLU being close also. I was also considering Alabama, arkansas, LSU, Memphis and Colorado.

Nice improvement in VS. Well done.

You might also check into these schools to see if you fit their mission, all of which have a decent OOS matriculation rate and are in your stats range:

MCW, Loyola,
UKentucky, UWisc, Rush, Jefferson, Virginia Tech (newer), Temple,
Toledo, Creighton (no CC credit for prereqs), Nebraska,
Wright, Drexel, Tulane, Arizona X 2, Rosalind Franklin

UTennessee has not traditionally been OOS friendly; has something changed in the last year? I've read that Colorado takes 75% those of nontraditional age.

Ok thank you very much for the suggestions. I just have a friend going to optometry school in memphis so i was interested and i wasnt aware about colorado. I may give it a shot at memphis but maybe not colorado then.

Ok thank you very much for the suggestions. I just have a friend going to optometry school in memphis so i was interested and i wasnt aware about colorado. I may give it a shot at memphis but maybe not colorado then.

Hey didn't you take the 04/16 exam (with our whack PS lol) the first time around? That's an awesome improvement! Way to go and best of luck with the application cycle

Yes i did. Very happy to have improved lol and ya i had a 5 point score jump from that whack ps section!

Well my list of schools I decided on are as follows: university of Arkansas, University of Missouri, University of Tennessee, University of Arizona-Tucson, St Louis University, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, and Loyola. I am still on the fence about adding Baylor even though I dont have any research just as a reach school. Any opinions on this or my list?