JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
137
0
Status
All this talk of lying on apps and getting kicked out of school has gotten me worried. So I started looking over my app to see if I had been misleading in anything. I had, not to a severe degree, but still I did, now I'm troubled, and feeling guilty. It was unintentional, but how do I correct it. I mean I don't wanna get caught later and be like oh yeah I guess I should have pointed that out and had it corrected. Should I send and addendum to every school and explain. Here's what happened, I listed that I had been volunteering for Habitat for Humanity 5 hrs a week for two years last summer and this summer, but I listed the year as 2004. I also speculated that I would be volunteering for habitat starting in June which I had done last year, but things happened and I'm not gettin started til just now. Plus last summer I just volunteered with some groups and there would be no record of me so if someone called to verify it would look like i'm and enormous liar. Do I just send a letter explaining the situation or what?
 

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
290
1
TEH INTARWEB
Status
Medical Student
Um...I think you are making mountains out of molehills.
 
OP
JDUB44

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
137
0
Status
easy for you too say its not you that is gonna get kicked out of med school for this. I appreciate your comment however
 
About the Ads

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
23,386
34,087
Status
Academic Administration
I agree with sentrosi. This is a minor discrepancy. The major stuff is failing to report that you did a year of college, earned a 0.2 gpa took 2 years off & then went to another school. Or that you did 7 mos in the slammer for vehicular manslaughter. 2004 2005 that's a single digit typo.
 

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
JDUB44 said:
easy for you too say its not you that is gonna get kicked out of med school for this. I appreciate your comment however
I wouldn't worry about it. You probably explained what you did for Habitat in your description and how long you have been with them. It was an honsest mistake, everyone makes them. You are still with the Habitat for Humanity so your still volunteering this summer. Don't worry about it.

A few of my activities, like your small volunteering experiences, have no reference. You are not lying about them so don't worry about them.
 
OP
JDUB44

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
137
0
Status
LizzyM said:
I agree with sentrosi. This is a minor discrepancy. The major stuff is failing to report that you did a year of college, earned a 0.2 gpa took 2 years off & then went to another school. Or that you did 7 mos in the slammer for vehicular manslaughter. 2004 2005 that's a single digit typo.
I suppose your right it just worries me, I mean the likely hood of them even checking it probably slim to none. I'm just troubles me ya know, don't want that hangin over my head.
 

EazyE

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
96
0
Status
Pre-Medical
JDUB44 said:
I suppose your right it just worries me, I mean the likely hood of them even checking it probably slim to none. I'm just troubles me ya know, don't want that hangin over my head.
dont worry about it. you will be fine. this is minor
 

NYMC MD 2B

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
61
0
Status
JDUB44 said:
All this talk of lying on apps and getting kicked out of school has gotten me worried. So I started looking over my app to see if I had been misleading in anything. I had, not to a severe degree, but still I did, now I'm troubled, and feeling guilty. It was unintentional, but how do I correct it. I mean I don't wanna get caught later and be like oh yeah I guess I should have pointed that out and had it corrected. Should I send and addendum to every school and explain. Here's what happened, I listed that I had been volunteering for Habitat for Humanity 5 hrs a week for two years last summer and this summer, but I listed the year as 2004. I also speculated that I would be volunteering for habitat starting in June which I had done last year, but things happened and I'm not gettin started til just now. Plus last summer I just volunteered with some groups and there would be no record of me so if someone called to verify it would look like i'm and enormous liar. Do I just send a letter explaining the situation or what?

I loooovvveeee your dachsi!!! I have one too. Mine is black and tan, but she looks a lot like your wiener.

Anyways....I don't think you need to worry. If they question you about your activities in the interview, tell them what you really did. It is not as if you said you volunteered for a group when you actually didn't. A few little errors in the dates of service are not a big deal. What people were talking about here on SDN were cases where individuals completely made up false information. Trust me, they don't have time to check and verify everyone's AMCAS, and even if they chose to zoom in on yours, you would not have a problem.
 

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
1,252
1
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
LizzyM said:
I agree with sentrosi. This is a minor discrepancy. The major stuff is failing to report that you did a year of college, earned a 0.2 gpa took 2 years off & then went to another school. Or that you did 7 mos in the slammer for vehicular manslaughter. 2004 2005 that's a single digit typo.
If Lizzy says its a big deal (she is an adcom), then you can take it to the bank.

In exchange, you will receive $1000 LizzyBucks which can be redeemed at all LizzyLand resorts and restaurants.
(I've always wanted to say LizzyLand.)
-Dr. P.
 

DrHusky

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
78
0
Status
Pre-Medical
JDUB44 said:
All this talk of lying on apps and getting kicked out of school has gotten me worried. So I started looking over my app to see if I had been misleading in anything. I had, not to a severe degree, but still I did, now I'm troubled, and feeling guilty. It was unintentional, but how do I correct it. I mean I don't wanna get caught later and be like oh yeah I guess I should have pointed that out and had it corrected. Should I send and addendum to every school and explain. Here's what happened, I listed that I had been volunteering for Habitat for Humanity 5 hrs a week for two years last summer and this summer, but I listed the year as 2004. I also speculated that I would be volunteering for habitat starting in June which I had done last year, but things happened and I'm not gettin started til just now. Plus last summer I just volunteered with some groups and there would be no record of me so if someone called to verify it would look like i'm and enormous liar. Do I just send a letter explaining the situation or what?
I actually have a couple situations along these lines. Mainly, AMCAS only gives you one start date and one stop date. Since I shadowed mainly in the summer (when I had time to spend full days/weeks), I was essentially forced to say that I started June 2003-present, 20 hrs/week. If this included all of the days apparently encompassed, it would be a sh%tload! I thought about modifying the hrs/week to reflect this discrepancy, but then it looks like I hardly did anything.

However, it turns out that I don't really care ALL that much, and I am confident that the worst that could happen is someone would ask me to clarify this during an interview.
 

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
290
1
TEH INTARWEB
Status
Medical Student
DrHusky said:
I actually have a couple situations along these lines. Mainly, AMCAS only gives you one start date and one stop date. Since I shadowed mainly in the summer (when I had time to spend full days/weeks), I was essentially forced to say that I started June 2003-present, 20 hrs/week. If this included all of the days apparently encompassed, it would be a sh%tload! I thought about modifying the hrs/week to reflect this discrepancy, but then it looks like I hardly did anything.

However, it turns out that I don't really care ALL that much, and I am confident that the worst that could happen is someone would ask me to clarify this during an interview.
Or you could clarify it in the text where you describe the activity. Unless you've already turned it in.

I'm not an adcom or anything, but I feel like they don't necessarily take the hours people self report as seriously as part of the consideration as what you write in the description of your activity.
 

vwhan

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2004
150
0
Augusta
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
JDUB44 said:
easy for you too say its not you that is gonna get kicked out of med school for this. I appreciate your comment however
I think you are making too much of this. Once you get into med school, it is really, really tough to get kicked out.
 
OP
JDUB44

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
137
0
Status
Thank you for loving my weiner, I love him tons. He's a little fiesty but hey aren't all little weiners? I guess i'll just leave well enough alone and not fool with changing the app, if they ask i'll just tell em yo, it was a mistake, now cool it. haha
 
About the Ads