Need Help in creating a BROAD BASE!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cervenka08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am one of those applicants, with the incredibly skewed MCATs (BS 14 PS 13 VR 8!!!!)Not ESL!! With a science GPA of 3.97 and Non-science 3.85

I need help creating a broad base because I really want to matriculate into an MD program this year. So if anyone has any advice on good safety programs and how many I should actually apply to just let me know. Here are my choices thus far:

Safety:
Albany, Creighton, Drexel, George Washington, Penn State, Rosalind Franklin and Temple (Considering DO schools????)

Realistic (I hope):
University of Washington (my home state), Temple, University of Miami, Loyola Chicago, Case Western, Oregon Health and
Sciences University, University of Colorado

Reach:
Stanford, John Hopkins, Boston

Any advice would be great!!! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't want to be a DO, I wouldn't apply to DO schools. You shouldn't have an issue getting an MD acceptance with your profile. One suggestion would be to switch some of your private safety schools for out of state public ones. Tons of people apply to those same few private schools every year as their safeties. The end result is that they arent that safe, and can be a huge crapshoot to get into. On the other hand, a lot of state schools don't get that many out of state applicants, even though 10-20% of the class comes from out of state. In particular, hit the midwest, because fewer oos people want to go to school there than on the coasts.

If you don't want to be a DO, I wouldn't apply to DO schools. You shouldn't have an issue getting an MD acceptance with your profile. One suggestion would be to switch some of your private safety schools for out of state public ones. Tons of people apply to those same few private schools every year as their safeties. The end result is that they arent that safe, and can be a huge crapshoot to get into. On the other hand, a lot of state schools don't get that many out of state applicants, even though 10-20% of the class comes from out of state. In particular, hit the midwest, because fewer oos people want to go to school there than on the coasts.

Good point, are there any in particular that you would recommend? I don't really know anything about those schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa, Ohio State, Toledo, Wright State, Wayne State, Michigan State, North Dakota, Indiana.

So I am one of those applicants, with the incredibly skewed MCATs (BS 14 PS 13 VR 8!!!!)Not ESL!! With a science GPA of 3.97 and Non-science 3.85

I need help creating a broad base because I really want to matriculate into an MD program this year. So if anyone has any advice on good safety programs and how many I should actually apply to just let me know. Here are my choices thus far:

Safety:
Albany, Creighton, Drexel, George Washington, Penn State, Rosalind Franklin and Temple (Considering DO schools????)

Realistic (I hope):
University of Washington (my home state), Temple, University of Miami, Loyola Chicago, Case Western, Oregon Health and
Sciences University, University of Colorado

Reach:
Stanford, John Hopkins, Boston

Any advice would be great!!! Thanks

Johns Hopkins:):thumbup:

Just make sure you write well-written, coherent essays for your apps to compensate for that 8. As long as you have great LOR's and ECs to go along with those other rockstar numbers, that 8 isn't going to be a big issue.

You are overreacting. Even with the VR of 8 you'll get in no doubt, and I'm sure to an excellent school with those scores.

there's a good chance BU and GW might reject you cus your stats are "too good" (aka really high MCAT and GPA). They're well known for doing that....just to let you know.

I need help creating a broad base

flex_fit_penis_pump_small.JPG