Need Help Making Big Decision!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jumpmeshy23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was given a great opportunity to attend a decent osteopathic school. I took the MCAT and received a 500 (128, 123, 123, 126) with a 3.7 GPA 3.6 Science. I retook the mcat and received a 512 (130, 127, 127,128). Should I drop the acceptance and try again next cycle?
I come from a no-name under grad, and I am worried that my low first MCAT will hold me back.
Please help me decide if I am better off with a DO acceptance or wait a year and take the chance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you do not get accepted anywhere next cycle you will severely regret it. Take the DO acceptance now and save yourself the stress.

Members don't see this ad :)
No particular advice here, but do think about this - if AACOMAS is anything like AMCAS, dropping the DO acceptance will be a huge red flag if for whatever reason you do decide to reapply DO in the future. You are effectively throwing away your plan B.

Youd probably get in an MD with an early app and smart list, but thatd be a huge gamble because like others have said, theres no back up.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

And Lots of schools average multiple aMCAT scores so there is that possibility. You applied DO in good faith so go. But if you are uncertain drop it now so someone who wants an acceptance can get it. Only you can make a decision that will impact the rest of your life.

Reactions: 1 user