Need Help on Albany Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the deal with the number of characters for the mini essays? It says "1000 character limit" but does that include space or no space? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Why? Are you going to fill up every space? I saw one post that said just to put a few sentences, but I want some second opinions. What are the rest of you doing?

Originally posted by C U in MD school:
•What is the deal with the number of characters for the mini essays? It says "1000 character limit" but does that include space or no space? :confused:

I think characters does include spaces, punctuation, etc. I agree that using all that space would be overkill. My answers will be considerably shorter. I've actually appreciated the schools that have 250 word limits on answers to their questions. I find that in editing down my writing gets better. Maybe I'll pretend that's the limit here! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first time applicant so all I have to fill out is the life experiences question. I'm just going to use at most a few sentences. I mean they're just asking you what you want to talk about...you can elaborate it on detail in person (if you get the chance that is). why use more detail than necessary?

did any of you try to print out the remittance form? does it look normal to you? the right side of mine keeps getting cut off. maybe it's just me and my incompetence...

Originally posted by jftsai:
•did any of you try to print out the remittance form? does it look normal to you? the right side of mine keeps getting cut off. maybe it's just me and my incompetence...•

More likely the incompetence of whoever designed the form! ;) Welcome to SDN! :D

3-4 sentences is the way to go.

They should all be so easy.

I CALLED THE SCHOOL ON THIS ONE. SHE SAID THEY NEVER HAD THAT QUESTION BEFORE. ;) SO, SHE PUTS ME ON HOLD FOR 10 MIN ( I THOUGHT I CALLED AMCAS BY ACCIDENT). ANYWAY, THIS GUY CAME ON FINALLY AND HE WAS THE WEB DESIGN GUY. HE SAID THAT IS WHAT THEY RECOMMEND. BUT MOST STUDNETS ARE PUTTING DOWN A LOT MORE. I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, IM TO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF. :D

To the person asking about how to print it... On the print window that pops up when you click print, select properties, then use landscape instead of portrait such that the printer prints the page sideways..

This way the relevant info fits perfectly.

I used 4 carefully worded sentences. I filled what was visable and did not require the scroll option. Hope this helps. I can't imagine people using more space.

Also, I just wrote in the rest of my AMCAS ID.

thank you for all your help SMW and Daredevil!