Need help people!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajay786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some advice. I didn't do too well in my pre-req course last semester. I got a "C". I was talking to a friend of mine, and he suggested that I should go to the professor and have him lower my grade to a "C-" that way I can repeat the course because of the "freshman forgivnesss" program. What do you guys think? Should I take the c- and repeat the course or just stick with the grade I got?

Thanks,

AJ

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. Lower C to C-? lol please dont do this...this would be so stupid

When applying to med school, there is no freshman forgiveness program, even if your university has one. AMCAS will count all your grades that you've taken in college. You're stuck with that C FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER, EVER...EVER...EVER, but don't worry, a C won't kill your chances of getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 C your freshman year is fine, just do better in the following classes (i.e. if it was Chem I, get a higher grade in Chem II)

IF retaking the class means that your college will make the C- go away from your record and replace it with what you get this time, then do it. But if the C- will stay along with the new grade, then don't waste your time.

But don't give up home. Med schools LOVE upward trends that show you are improving over time so this can't hurt you.