Need help - pick between the two!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
----------------------------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where are your two wait list at? Your stats are not too bad, but the 3.0 senior year is a bit disconcerting.

Depending on your state of residence, it is highly possible to get accepted into a MD school.

If i were to choose between the two, I would do the NGO cause your grades during the summer won't have a large impact on your overall GPA (unless you fail )

I would do summer school, while focusing on DO applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
-------------------------------

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian applicant sitting on two waitlists this round sincerely hoping that I'll get pulled off of one by the end of this cycle. This is especially because my 4th year GPA tanked (3.0). So my cGPA is now 3.45, and not the 3.53 it used to be.

What do you guys think is best in my case?

1)Focus on DO applications ( I like the DO philosophy, and they seem within reach with my stats 3.45/34Q), throw in some MD apps (as reaches by stats) . Go to India volunteer for Khushi NGO

Or

2) take a summer semester of 5 science courses in which I can reasonably expect good grades given my interest and effort, while also doing DO applications, as well as a broader range of MD applications. My research/extracurrics/clinical work seems fine (probably only reason I got interviews this past round), and will continue in Toronto in this option.

What would you do?

Option 2. Don't limit yourself to just MD or just DO. Apply to a broad range of schools while taking the science courses. Good Luck.

I'll weigh in for option #2 also. I have faith in your application, Medhearter.