Need help reapplying where did i go wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetBurger

cowbell
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where were your interviews? Any rejections or wait list ?
interviewed at Wayne, UVM, Temple, USUHS, FAU, UCF, and SLU
Waitlist at UVM, Wayne, USUHS, SLU, UCF (low rank on waitlist for UCF unlikely to get off)
Rejected at FAU
Still waiting at Temple

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would be surprised if you do not receive an acceptance by June with 6 schools you are waiting on. If no acceptances by June you can reapply. With 7 interviews schools obviously view you as a desirable applicant. Keep us updated.

Reactions: 1 users
You will not get WL because of your stats. It most likely has to do with your interview skills and maybe (minimally) your EC. I would continue hospital/ER volunteering and doing more shadowing with another specialty. Definitely practice interviewing and committing to a volunteering gig because it looks like you are all over the place with it. If you get the interview, you have to prove to them that they are making the right choice in accepting you and that may have been your downfall early on.

Reactions: 1 user
I would be surprised if you do not receive an acceptance by June with 6 schools you are waiting on. If no acceptances by June you can reapply. With 7 interviews schools obviously view you as a desirable applicant. Keep us updated.
Hopefully that is the case.
Will update if something positive happens

In your signature it says your accepted to a DO school, are you withdrawing from that for an MD school? if you do decide to reapply schools are going to ask if you've ever been accepted to a medical school before

In your signature it says your accepted to a DO school, are you withdrawing from that for an MD school? if you do decide to reapply schools are going to ask if you've ever been accepted to a medical school before
That is true. Does that make it impossible to reapply? I did wonder and try to look into if that would be a red flag.

The only thing I would say is adding clinical employment instead of volunteering/shadowing. However with 7 interviews I doubt that schools would have cared that much about it. Keep practicing common interview questions if necessary for next cycle. Maybe a beta blocker before if the anxiety gets to be too much.

That is true. Does that make it impossible to reapply? I did wonder and try to look into if that would be a red flag.

It doesn't make it impossible to reapply but just know that no DO school will probably take you again, you also better have a good reason for why you aren't taking the acceptance when/if someone asks about it. saying you want an MD instead of DO is not a good reason, adcoms might also question your commitment to the field as well

So on a quick note, it would likely be a bad decision to retake the MCAT right?
essentially is there any reason for retaking it?