Need help regarding Studies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalpari

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any university in UK, that offers partially online & partially regular Masters degree in Psychology. I am done with my BS Psychology.

I cannot move anywhere from my place at this time but i dont want to waste my year .. if there is any possibility that i can start my education where i am living .. and then continue it on campus preferably in UK?? I know fully online degree in psychology is not reliable .. so a year online & a year on campus would do good for me... will satisfy me personally!!!

hoping to hear some good suggestions.

God bless you!!

Members don't see this ad.

The UK has a different licensing system than the US and I am not familiar with their credentialing system and it isn't clear from your question whether you are even seeking a credential or just a degree?

I would search the web for schools in the UK that offer the end degree that you are seeking and then contact them and ask them what they recommend re: education.

As far as "wasting" a year - it is common in the US to take some time between the BA/BS and the MA/MS to get a job in a field that is related to your academic interests. It shows the graduate application committee that you are committed to the profession and have focus and direction and are motivated.

In my experience, many people go straight on to grad school after the BA (or apply to grad school after the BA) because they don't really know what else to do or they imagine grad school is something that it isn't. That may not apply to you at all.

The UK has a different licensing system than the US and I am not familiar with their credentialing system and it isn't clear from your question whether you are even seeking a credential or just a degree?

I would search the web for schools in the UK that offer the end degree that you are seeking and then contact them and ask them what they recommend re: education.

As far as "wasting" a year - it is common in the US to take some time between the BA/BS and the MA/MS to get a job in a field that is related to your academic interests. It shows the graduate application committee that you are committed to the profession and have focus and direction and are motivated.

In my experience, many people go straight on to grad school after the BA (or apply to grad school after the BA) because they don't really know what else to do or they imagine grad school is something that it isn't. That may not apply to you at all.

Thank you for your input.

I have seen that all of the online programs in Psychology, UK univ offers are accredited, but obviously they don't offer license. & anyway, in UK system, you need a doctorate degree to be a licensed psychologist. So, in case of fully online programs, they prepare the students for further PHD or Psych D...
but i am not really comfortable with fully online program.. so i want a partial online & partially on campus degree if its available..
I have completed my honors in 2010 aug. I will turn 26 this year .. So, i will prefer to start as soon as possible.