Need help to improve my PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjjjjjJ1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took my pcat today and failed miserably. I've been studying for the pcat for about two months about 3-4 days a week. I didnt take any Kaplan classes but I did buy the book and read all of it. I think the book only helped me out for the biology section. Other than that, I dont think it helped me at all! I wasted so much time reading the book for math and chemistry and it was no help whatsoever. I also bought the Cliffs practice test booklet but it only helped me a little. I took all three Pearson tests online but I didnt even do good on them. I am going to buy the Dr. Collins book right now since there are so many good reviews on it. I'm going to retake the pcat in september but I just dont know how I am going to improve myself by ALOT. When i say alot i mean ALOT. I need help in every single section. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should study until september and how I can improve?

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed. Gonna ship this on over to where it needs to be.

Thanks Milkman!

OP - What can we say that will help you? You need to buckle down and learn the material or learn how to test well. Also, I don't what the alot has to do with this.

The important thing is to not beat yourself up. Figure out what the problem is and fix it. Good Luck! :luck:

So I just took my pcat today and failed miserably. I've been studying for the pcat for about two months about 3-4 days a week. I didnt take any Kaplan classes but I did buy the book and read all of it. I think the book only helped me out for the biology section. Other than that, I dont think it helped me at all! I wasted so much time reading the book for math and chemistry and it was no help whatsoever. I also bought the Cliffs practice test booklet but it only helped me a little. I took all three Pearson tests online but I didnt even do good on them. I am going to buy the Dr. Collins book right now since there are so many good reviews on it. I'm going to retake the pcat in september but I just dont know how I am going to improve myself by ALOT. When i say alot i mean ALOT. I need help in every single section. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should study until september and how I can improve?

After you took those practice tests, did you review the questions you missed? You should figure out which section of the subject you keep missing questions the most from and study/review that specific section more in depth.
For other studying materials, I used REA's PCAT interactive flashcards book and did 7-10 questions from each section everyday. Also, I've heard ExamKrackers 101 passages (to prepare for MCAT reading) can be helpful for the reading comprehension section. However, increasing reading comprehension score cannot happen over night so I recommend that you start doing 2-3 passages with questions right away until the night or two before your September PCAT. :luck: