USMLE Need help to plan for step 2 CK - Low step one score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raltima07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I did not do as well as I liked on Step 1 and now am fighting an uphill battle to match into where I want to go.

I need a plan for step 2ck. I am shooting for a score of 250+ (hard, I know) to help me get to where I need to go.

What steps should I take from here to be able to hit that? What resource should I use? Nothing in the world is more important for me than breaking 250. How long of a dedicated period of studying should I plan for?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also not happy with my step 1 score. I did uworld through out the year and redid it again while studying. Then I went over the wrong questions. I also did DIT, and I liked it. I read first aid and the kaplan book once, but I am not sure how much I retained. I did 3 practice tests (failed the first one) and improved on all of them. I did the Uworld self-assessment last. I took those tests seriously and focused on my weaknesses and still tried to know everything else inside and out. I studied for 1.5 months. I thought the test was hard and was not confident leaving. But I ended up getting a score in the high 250s. So overall, I think studying really helps.

Last edited: