Need help -- URGENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

india_dentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have scored 83 in NBDE part I. My GPA is 3.23 (ECE), toefl 280. I have 5 months work experience as a dentist in india and 16 months work experience as a dental assistant/observer in US.
Can someone advise me which schools i can apply to and what are my realistic chances for admission in 2006. I was thinking of applying to UPenn, BU, NYU, Minnesota and Colorado.
Has UPenn or BU admitted anyone with a score of around 83. UPenn does not mention a minimum NBDE part I score requirement on its website.
This is urgent as UPenn's deadline is on 16th Jan.
Thanx in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys
I really need help. Could someone pls reply to my question. 39 people have viewed it but no one seems to want to reply to questions.
Pls reply

Many schools, residency programs, etc do not "set requirements". They review the total individual. They also select the best possible candidates for interview. Of course grades will enter into that BUT each school wants a full class so it depends when you apply and how many are applying.

Once you are invited for the interview... that becomes very important.

When schools post min.grades that is from experience with the # of applicants and success rate. They feel why accept someone with little chance of graduating.

All the schools you mentioned are good.

By the way they will also review you grades from the school you graduated,letters of recommendations.

They also look at little things,,, including your application and dates sent... often some say it shows your desire.

At the dental educators meeting (ADEA) they have a new section for directors of programs for foreign trained dentists where they will review issues like you mentioned.

Hope this is of some help.... good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
B.U. doesnt interview below 87 or 88.
i think if you have time you should retake your part 1 and improve your score because these days it is very competitive and if you are an Indian you should be in 90's ,atleast your chances of acceptance improve.
i was waitlisted by NYU with 87 in 2005 and now i have got accepted this year at B.U. with 92. for california schools you need to have good clinical skills too!
Your G.P.A and toefl is good ,start studying again and repeat your exams with atleast 4 more months of studies , you still have time in hand!
i know its very hard but now after getting accepted i feel its doable and you can achieve in 90's.
I was told at B.U. interview that ,they are looking at two main things, high part 1 score and your G.PA.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!
rgr.
I really need help. Could someone pls reply to my question. 39 people have viewed it but no one seems to want to reply to questions.
Pls reply[/QUOTE]

actually no harm in applying to u penn and nyu with 83, bacause Upenn looks upon U.S. experience!
I have scored 83 in NBDE part I. My GPA is 3.23 (ECE), toefl 280. I have 5 months work experience as a dentist in india and 16 months work experience as a dental assistant/observer in US.
Can someone advise me which schools i can apply to and what are my realistic chances for admission in 2006. I was thinking of applying to UPenn, BU, NYU, Minnesota and Colorado.
Has UPenn or BU admitted anyone with a score of around 83. UPenn does not mention a minimum NBDE part I score requirement on its website.
This is urgent as UPenn's deadline is on 16th Jan.
Thanx in advance[/QUOTE]