need help w/course info (GPA ) for application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolatecake1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have few atmospheric sci classes and community health science classes that I considered "science classes" that I want to have the grades calculated into BCPM GPA, but when I saw course classification, they are listed under "AO".

Would it be okay to choose BIO for atmostopheric sci class? I am afraid they might delay my application if they see that I did not follow what they listed for the guidelines.

Members don't see this ad.

personally, i would list atmospheric science under 'physics', but a community health course under 'health science', so only the atmospheric sci course would count towards your BCPM gpa....

I wanted to also know if it would be wise for me to not put in the course number, as it would be so obvious for them to tell that certain classes were non BCPM. (since couse number is optional...)

for instance, one of my anthropology class was one with emphasis on biology. So if I just listed the name of the course, it would be HMNEvolution/comp anal. But if I added on the course number, it would show anthro.

Any comment would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
The designation is based on content, not department. I spoke with AMCAS about this last week. It is your choice. They will, however, make sure you are not trying to make a sociology course a science course. The representative I spoke with said they are "pretty loose" on the designations. Hope this helps.

I agree with the above poster.
I called AMCAS about this and the said it is your choice. I had a physical anthropology class that covered genetics, genetic disorders, ape anatomy etc.... However, anthropology is not listed for BCPM. AMCAS told me to do what I thought was prudent. They said that they realize that many courses overlap with others and it is not a big deal.

later