need help with step 1 . A.S.A.P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noor27

Reaction score
hi . i recently graduated from a medical university in pakistan and im looking forward to take my step1 by the end of this year .. but right now i have NO idea about how to prepare for step 1 . which books to use , and what type of study does it require . is it really MUST to go through kaplan videos ?

your help will highly appreciated,
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hi . i recently graduated from a medical university in pakistan and im looking forward to take my step1 by the end of this year .. but right now i have NO idea about how to prepare for step 1 . which books to use , and what type of study does it require . is it really MUST to go through kaplan videos ?

your help will highly appreciated,
thanks.

Well, if you have loose foundations then yes Kaplan is good. The lecturers take it nice and slow and explain things well. But, do not forget to master test-taking technique. I think half of your time should be intensive review, and half should be practice; MCQs (Uworld and kaplan qbank), and NBMEs. If you don't build the stamina to take an 8 hour exam consisting purely of MCQs, none of the studying is worth it at all. Don't cheap out on this, consider it an investment. Get whatever you can afford.
Recommended resources:
Mandatory; Uworld, Pathoma, First Aid, NBMEs
Secondary; Kaplan Qbank, Kaplan lectures
Also, if you're not dead set on seeing this through all the way to the end and you're not consistently diligent, you won't succeed. Sorry, but that's how it is. Work hard, get enough sleep, and get rid of your family lol. It requires a lot commitment. Good luck, buddy.

Members don't see this ad :)
NO idea about how to prepare for step 1 . which books to use , and what type of study does it require . is it really MUST to go through kaplan videos ?
thanks.
I'm struggling to find a structure too. Went to med school in India :/

Hi noor and kred, for best advices and study material regarding your curriculum and other guidance you can consult the admission advisor. They can also guide you best for carrying out PG programs you require at least cost universities overseas such as Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Philippines etc.