need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i retook my part 1(cbt) and scored 88 ,previous score being 86 .part 2 score is 80. do u think i have any chance of getting into BU or tufts .pls help :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Doc77,
I know people with 84 and above who hae been able to get in at NYUand Boston.If you apply really early at Boston(For fall 2005 applications were submited from JULY) and NYU you may have a chance.
Hope this helps.
g.p

hi doc77

if you have a good overall resume, i think you stand a good chance. for eg: if u have an MDS/MPH/MS, have a great gpa, toefl score, lot of experience in the US etc. you definitely stand a good chance at BU and NYU. and i know that tufts looks at the whole package. but do call and speak to the schools themselves so that u have a good idea of your chances. the admission cycles have started already and they would know the kinds of applications they are receiving and can guage your chances i suppose. good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey doc 77
i know a girl who got into uscla(southern california) with
nbd 88
toefl 283
gpa somewhere around 3.63
so make sure u apply t all the possible schools. and one of my friend got into ucsf with 89 and no extra things what i mean is no us exp or good degree.
good luck
mandakki

hi my stats r
nbd -1 88
nbd -2-80
toefl 270
gpa -3.72
2 yrs working exp in india ,then presently working as dental assistant.
major prob is i cannot apply anywhere else other than boston( family ties :rolleyes: )

doc77 the schools that have their own dexterity tests will be more open with ndbe scores and will tend to concentrate on how u fare in their exams.

but if u have to apply only in boston i guess u have to just go ahead and take your chances, unless u want to retake the exams.

good luck! :luck: do call the schools.