need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy of 2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help from you
I took the board exm part 1(second time) last year and it was 87 my gpa is 2.81
and i am waiting for the toefl score .its been 4 years now and i am still applying for schools and nobody accept me.I am trying to take part 2 in september Please if you have any suggestion answer me.I am very stressed and I dont know what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

I need help from you
and i am waiting for the toefl score .its been 4 years now and i am still applying for schools and nobody accept me.I am trying to take part 2 in september Please if you have any suggestion answer me.I am very stressed and I dont know what to do.

guys dont you think she needs some help?

I would say that the part one score you got is pretty decent. I would suggest you to try and get a better Part II score. There are few schools which take in only students who have both part I and II score and not only that you will get more preference for part II in the school’s that have only part I as a criteria. Try to improve your profile by doing observership (US work experience has lot of weight) and did you get any interview with your score and see if there is anything wrong in your application (e.g. SOP. few universities do take that seriously). Few schools do accept WES evaluation and your GPA might get better.

I know few who got less then your score got admission in dental school. Don’t get stressed, you will definitely get into dental school and don’t give up till you succeed…I went through a bad phase and the hope I had kept me going and ultimately I succeeded.

I would suggest you to go through this link which has names of all the dental school which accept foreign trained dentist and see if you have missed any school and try applying to them.correct me if I am wrong.
Good luck.

http://www.ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us_b.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you very much for replying.I am going to try my best to take part 2 and I am going to try the master degree.what do you thing about that.especially i have 2 kids .and if you can tell me what you mean about observship.and what school you know can take my score.
Thank you and i appreciate your answer.

thank you very much for replying.I am going to try my best to take part 2 and I am going to try the master degree.what do you thing about that.especially i have 2 kids .and if you can tell me what you mean about observship.and what school you know can take my score.
Thank you and i appreciate your answer.

1)Most of the clinical specialties them selves are as difficult as getting into IDP. If you want to get into non clinical masters, you have to judge yourself whether it is worth spending 2 years and tuition fees for that. My advice is get good score part 2 and try for IDP rather than going for non clinical masters. If you get non clinical master or clinical masters, you cannot get license to practice in all the states unless you have a DDS degree and u will be confined to teaching or research position.
2)Observership- try to get a voluntary dental assistantship position in any of the dental clinics or hospitals in U.S
3)With your present part I scores you can get admission in Upenn (Unpredictable), NYU,USC, Colorado, UOP, UTHSCSA,UIC(green card)
4)If you have part II scores Tuffs, Loma Linda, University of Florida
I hope this helps and correct me If I am wrong.
Good luck

thank you very much for replying.finally i got somebody who cares about my degree.because nobody here care and i am doing this because i want it and i have been struggluing for 4 years now.they dont even send me any inteveiw .
whats usc,uop,uthscsa.I tried uic(i have citizenship),pensulvania,udm and new york.

i graduated from iraq.just one more Q
dont you think its to late to take part 2 in september.i am going to do my best.what you think i should read.

dont you think its to late to take part 2 in september.i am going to do my best.what you think i should read.

Before you plan to schedule for your test, check for the deadlines of the schools which has got part II as a criteria for admission....rest of the other schools you can apply with your part I scores and later on update your file with the part II score.
I hope this helps.

I did not take my part II. I don't know exactly what all books we need to study....But I remember someone saying that you have to study the decks thoroughly and do the previous question papers.

I did not take my part II. I don't know exactly what all books we need to study....But I remember someone saying that you have to study the decks thoroughly and do the previous question papers.

hi there , well i just finished with part 2 today , in 3 weeks i guess that i'll recieve my scores ( praying to pass) i really liked my performance on day 1 , but not too sure at all about day 2 ,i found it tougher. Well anyway , based on my recent experience I would say that decks are fine ( i read them twice) but not the panacea , at all. Old released exams are very useful , many repeated questions . Theres also a material called dental secrets which i think that you'll be able to fin it in sdn which is short , easy to read , yet extremly good. There is a thread called nbde part 2 questions on the nbde/licensure section of dental forums. Although i didn't participated actively i followed that threads progression and read the questions that were posted there. Believe me and go there , to that thread . It is useful because questions are similar and related , but the thumb down about that thread is that everybody had different answers so at the end is you , what you have studied , and what you know , but it is a nice guide for the exam. I am sorry but I am not good at all remembering questions , but there were some peculiar areas that many people don't give much importance like ADA Ethic Codes Guidelines , try to find that ADA's releasd document and read it nice and comprehensively . I know nothing about unreleased , i didnt even know they existed for part 2. Bottom line , If you got enough time read dental decks and all of the info I just wrote , If you don't and wish to take part 2 asap focus on what I just wrote.
For the rest I will be waiting for the score and try to not be thinking of it , bit hard jeje,
Best wishes and good luck
:)

how long did you take to read for part 2?and how i get dental secret?

I need help from you
Hi mommy of two, How are you doing now,I am in the same boat,I 've been applying for more than 4 years too,I also graduated from Iraq,let me know if we can contact each others.

how long did you take to read for part 2?and how i get dental secret?
you can get dental secret from any book store, they can order it for you,or you can order it online from Amazon.com.

did you take part 2?
are yoiu applying this year?
what is your score and your gpa?