need honest advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardluck7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
actually i recevieved my nbde 1 scores yesterday and got only 84.My stats are 84/100/3.37.i have PR of canada .i just want to know few things
1.Is these scores regarded as decent score to get in schools like boston or new york?
2.Has anybody got admitted with these scores?
3.wat should i do to improve my stats ?
plz give honest advice

Members don't see this ad.

actually i recevieved my nbde 1 scores yesterday and got only 84.My stats are 84/100/3.37.i have PR of canada .i just want to know few things
1.Is these scores regarded as decent score to get in schools like boston or new york?
2.Has anybody got admitted with these scores?
3.wat should i do to improve my stats ?
plz give honest advice

Hi hardluck7, stop feeling low, and try to work on the over all profile your case.
You have chances with NYU definitely, owning to your scores and residency status. Just in case you do not get calls from schools this year, then try to get enrolled in some dental/medical related masters' program till then and apply again.
If applicable you can instead start working in the field of Dentistry as an assistant or related jobs in Canada. All this should be able to help you strengthen your profile. :thumbup:

Hey,,
With last 2 yrs of experience in application procedure, I will suggest u to take part 2 and clear it soon and then apply to schools like Colorado,UIC,Connecticut. You will surely get in. And if possible increase ur toefl score.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a lot ddsaspi and dco124 for ur sincere advice.so now i think i should try for part 2 and increase my tofel score.i just wanted to ask that should i apply to boston with these scores? and plz people share ur expereice ,it would be very helpful to me.

thanks a lot ddsaspi and dco124 for ur sincere advice.so now i think i should try for part 2 and increase my tofel score.i just wanted to ask that should i apply to boston with these scores? and plz people share ur expereice ,it would be very helpful to me.

hi hardluck7.. i also got 84.i have pg degree , 5 yr of exp.,research exp.,few international publications.,community exp, awards...BUT i have not heard from any school yet.Boston has yet not started the review even though the application was submitted in aug as it normally look for higher scores...Should work on with part2 and resume .good luck

hi, ash
ur stats r way better then me.i hope u get call from boston soon.if u get any plz tell me .r u permanent resident of US?i think i should start for part 2.good luck to you.

hi, ash
ur stats r way better then me.i hope u get call from boston soon.if u get any plz tell me .r u permanent resident of US?i think i should start for part 2.good luck to you.

Hey

Your score is not at all bad. You will definetly get admission. Just start preparation for part 2 and try to apply to more universities in US. Why you are thinking about NYU and Boston only. Where you live in Canada? Part 1 is not the only criteria for getting admission. Universities consider the entire status of your application. Believe me,your sore is good.

Good Luck

thanks a lot for these encouraging words attu.actually seeing others high scores i thought that mine are too low. that why i was just depressed.so now i think i should prepare for part 2.i live in toronto.do u live in canada too? wat else i can do to improve my stats?thanks in advance

Hey Hardluck,
Am not an international dentist but interviewed at NYU for the traditional 4 yr program this September. They happened to mention that avg scores for acceptance into their AP program was an 88...

thanks a lot for these encouraging words attu.actually seeing others high scores i thought that mine are too low. that why i was just depressed.so now i think i should prepare for part 2.i live in toronto.do u live in canada too? wat else i can do to improve my stats?thanks in advance
hey dude even i have same score i also leave in toronto. just started wid part 2 we can study together. mail me will give my number or u drop ur number. lets if we can link up.

thanks