Need images of a piriformis myogram

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Do you have any good images of a piriformis myogram under fluoro you could share with me? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I find EMG-guided injection to be much easier and useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I find EMG-guided injection to be much easier and useful.

Cost vs success?

1. How to differentiate EMG of piriformis vs surrounding muscles. How can we know you are in the piriformis vs surrounding muscles contracting.

2. Re-imburesement for EMG guidance- is it paid for for 355 via 20552 or sciatic nerve block?

3. Anyone do EMG and fluoro guidance to verify? THat would be a cool and definitive way of sorting it out.

4. Does it matter? Note the recent shoulder injection study said if you get close, you are close enough to make a therapuetic difference (kinda stinks knowing anyone can get a shoulder done right).

Cost vs success?

1. How to differentiate EMG of piriformis vs surrounding muscles. How can we know you are in the piriformis vs surrounding muscles contracting.

2. Re-imburesement for EMG guidance- is it paid for for 355 via 20552 or sciatic nerve block?

3. Anyone do EMG and fluoro guidance to verify? THat would be a cool and definitive way of sorting it out.

4. Does it matter? Note the recent shoulder injection study said if you get close, you are close enough to make a therapuetic difference (kinda stinks knowing anyone can get a shoulder done right).

Steve,

Send me a copy of the shoulder injection if you get a chance.

--DR

Looking for it now- I just came across Gruson's paper 2008 that kind of refutes the close is good enough paper.

There's a couple ultrasound papers showing better short-term outcomes with US guidance vs. "blind" with shoulder subacromial injections. Not aware of any long-term data.