1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Need information about residency for 2007-2008

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by marusa, May 14, 2007.

1. marusa

Attending Physician
    Hy, guys,
    I am new on forum. Does anybody knows about opennings for residency programs for 2007-2008, which accept foreign trained dentists from Eastern Europe, permanent residents of USA? I got accepted for one great GPR program in PA, but the Board did not open resident permit, because ece report doesn't say words "equivalent of American DDS or DMD". Does anybody with 5 years of foreign dental school and 1 year of foreign residency got accepted in NY, NJ or PA dental residencies? What papers did you submit? Does anybody have in their evaluation reports words "equivalent of American DMD/ DDS degree"? If yes, what evaluation services can say it? I would appreciate for any information.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. starrynight

2+ Year Member

hi marusa,

i do have an ECE evaluation saying equivalent of DDS degree, but my university training lasted 6 years..i don't know if this should count..

4. Vjc

Vjc
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

What does your evaluation from ece says?

Something like “E: Completion of five years of study in a dentistry program” ?

5. VENEDOCTOR

2+ Year Member

Hi, I am studying for ma NBDE 2 and after that planing on aplying for masters. My evaluation also say "Equivalent to completition of five years of study in dentistry program". Iam from Venezuela and I have many friends from my same university wich are now doing their masters here in the US (including one in NY). My point is that you should ask again what is going on because this is the first time that I here something like this....and thinking about it...if the diploma is not equivalent to a DDS then why does ADA let us take NBDEs?

6. PUPA

2+ Year Member

Hi. I'm from Argentina, and my evaluation report also says: "EQUIVALENT TO COMPLETION OF FIVE YEARS OF STUDY IN DENTISTRY PROGRAM".
    I'll take NBDE part I on June 9th....................

7. Vjc

Vjc
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ye, I haven't heard that before. I didn't have problem applying for an internship and I have a couple of friends doing residencies in US with the "Equivalent: completion of five years of study in a dentistry program". That's why I was asking…

#6 Vjc, May 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  8. marusa

Attending Physician
    Thank you, guys, for your answers. My report said, "equivalent to complection of five years program in Dentistry and one year of postgraduate education". But in PA Dental Board, they want to see the words "equivalent of American DMD/DDS Degree". ECE does not give this equivalent, because it is less than eight years of American traditional dental education. Yes, we are allowed to take Part1 and Part2, and apply to international programs, where 700 applicants on 12 positions, and they are not certainly live in US and with any status, and even they can get loans anyway. So, even if your score will be 102 on Part1 it doesn't mean anything. Good luck to everybody.