Need many opinions: Should I withdraw?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovelyweapon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you're applying so late and with not great stats. I would say that you are in no position of choosing. MD for you will be especially difficult, so if you do get a 30+ on the mcat you will most certainly need a SMP. For DO with 30+ on the mcat will land you an acceptance but applying to just in-state schools will lead you to not getting anywhere.
Please don't attempt to believe that you know what residency you want to get into. It makes you look like a troll.

Simply being said. Expand out of your state, as I know people with 3.9/35's who failed to stay in there state. Also consider SMP's if you want MD.

You need to wait until next year I think. The AAMC mcat exams are considerably easier than taking the real thing and with pressure. Your pressure will be even higher since you will not have withdrawn. Release the pressure valve, bring up your grades for a year, and take the MCAT. Then, apply when you are really ready. YOur GPA right now is even low for DO, so I don't think you are i a position to want anything more than to get into medical school. Worry about radiology later, if you eventually get in, and you still even care about that field.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry but you're applying so late and with not great stats. I would say that you are in no position of choosing. MD for you will be especially difficult, so if you do get a 30+ on the mcat you will most certainly need a SMP. For DO with 30+ on the mcat will land you an acceptance but applying to just in-state schools will lead you to not getting anywhere.
Please don't attempt to believe that you know what residency you want to get into. It makes you look like a troll.

Wow, I guess I apologize for looking like a troll. :laugh: I don't see anything wrong with having an interest in a particular specialty, especially when I'm not saying that it is the only thing I am interested in. :rolleyes:

I know that I am at a major disadvantage, but I wanted to see if there was even a chance.

Well, thanks for the advice.

You need to wait until next year I think. The AAMC mcat exams are considerably easier than taking the real thing and with pressure. Your pressure will be even higher since you will not have withdrawn. Release the pressure valve, bring up your grades for a year, and take the MCAT. Then, apply when you are really ready. YOur GPA right now is even low for DO, so I don't think you are i a position to want anything more than to get into medical school. Worry about radiology later, if you eventually get in, and you still even care about that field.

Thanks, excellent advice! :) I think you're completely right. I will probably just end up withdrawing before verification and apply next year.