Need more nurse CEOs? Really Becker’s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrandom2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

When will doctors forget all this altruistic BS and get to the decision making table at hospitals?
What’s holding us back? How do we get to that position?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

When will doctors forget all this altruistic BS and get to the decision making table at hospitals?
the ANA at it again.

Idiocy? simply not applying. I'm looking to become a CMO in the future, tons of openings with the appropriate experience. I remember one of our deans in residency telling us how he was creating some sort of program to attract more MDs to the admin role, and he said physicians very rarely apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because hospitals suck and I'd prefer to have as little to do with them as possible

Because hospitals suck and I'd prefer to have as little to do with them as possible
This is the void they are trying to fill.
Nurses will protect their own, create policies to allow NPs to practice independent and get privileges in the hospital which then translates to the outpatient and policy changes that affect everyone, private and employed docs alike. Great if you are near retirement but sucks for everyone else.

Nurses have a more unified mentality. Look at that vecuronium case. They support each other no matter what. Look at how much sht we talk on KOLs, non-ACGME fellowship docs, cervical perc disc guy in this forum alone. That's just our nature, so we're never going to be lobbyists. Many MDs in admin positions are sellouts, or if not, are constantly fighting against other admin and nurses.

Not sure how much hospital policy affects outpatient/ASC based specialties. Maybe I'm just not as idealistic.

The root of the problem is the "healthcare is a right" movement. Once you have government heavily involved with creating and enforcing its POLITICAL vision of health "equity" etc, there is no longer a shortage of LEADERS in healthcare. There is only a shortage of middle managers.

Nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, and everyone EXCEPT those who are actual LEADERS flock to fill the need of the intolerable, insufferable, "healthcare executive" positions, which universally dance to the tune of their masters.

To change the situation, you have to destroy the "healthcare is a right" movement and get politics out of healthcare. Insurance will follow, and we will return to recognizing that healthcare is a SERVICE provided by PHYSICIANS, like any other service.

To change the situation, you have to destroy the "healthcare is a right" movement and get politics out of healthcare. Insurance will follow, and we will return to recognizing that healthcare is a SERVICE provided by PHYSICIANS, like any other service.
As soon as there is peace in the Middle East.