• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

beezel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
I am a post-bacc finishing the last of the reqs in May, so far my sci GPA is a 3.6, my undergrad GPA was a 3.95. I took the August MCAT (very early without any orgo, physics 2, or bio 1) and got a 9 bio 8 physics 11 verbal. My applications were completed on the later side due to a sluggish pre-med committee at my post-bac program. I have had 1 interview that I thought went very well, and have yet to hear from them. I also have heard nothing from most of the other schools I applied to. I have the definite option of St. George's via a doctor I know on the Adcom. If I don't get into any of my schools, should I go to St. George's and not have to wait another year, or should I consider retaking the MCAT, with all the classes now completed, and reapplying much earlier?
:confused:

well this depends on whether you're ok with going to a foreign medical school (at least i think st george's is classified as such). if you're ok with it, go to st. george's and move on with your life. if location, residency opportunities, etc matter, apply again next year. you should still have the st george's option then right?

the reason i say this is because with your current courses, you should do much better on your MCAT. both of your GPAs are in the desirable range so bumping the MCAT up will help you considerably. so if it's fine with you to wait another year, i'd do it since you look like you're in a good position.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.