Need PGY-3 family spot for July!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DavidB

:confused:Really could use some leads (d/t personal reasons). I'm NOT planning on getting BC'd, so I just need a third year for my general license. I know there must be openings somewhere. For example, there do seem to be some PGY-3 openings listed on RSwap, but I truly can't afford the service right now. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me where the four PGY3 family slots listed on the ResSwap title page are? Fee free to send me a private message. Even the states where these programs are, or any other info, would help! :confused:

:confused:Really could use some leads (d/t personal reasons). I'm NOT planning on getting BC'd, so I just need a third year for my general license. I know there must be openings somewhere. For example, there do seem to be some PGY-3 openings listed on RSwap, but I truly can't afford the service right now. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Just keep in mind that you will have to do a lot of convincing to the board in Kentucky to get a PGY-3 position. Board rules state that the last 24 months of residency have to be at one institution, unless your former program closed and that situation leaves you stranded, or you have a severe personal hardship. The board is the final arbiter of this kind of switch, not the program you desire to enter.

Members don't see this ad :)
How does it matter to ABFM if one is NOT seeking board certfication from them? I just need a third year for licensing purposes. Or... am I missing something?

Also, I could really use some kind soul out there sending me info re the PGY3 openings listed on ResSwap... I'm in a major financial bind. A private email would be fine. :thumbup:

DB

I think you're confusing licensing board with specialty board. You can usually get a GP license after Step 3 and successful completion of internship. To get specialty board cert. you'll need the full 3 year residency with the last 24 months at the same place. If you only want GP cert, you're probably already set up for that and I wouldn't fret about the 3rd year. Practically speaking, it's a total waste of time for you if you're CERTAIN you don't want BC/BE.

Thanks... actually, I'm a FMG and some of the states I'm interested in licensure as a GP require three years of postgrad residency. That's why I need the third year. I have no interest in family board certification.

Any help out there re where those PGY-3 slots are (e.g., the 4 listed on ResidentSwap) ??? :confused: