Need Practice on Experimental passages in BS---any suggestions?! Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been taking kaplan BS section tests as well as two of their full-length exams and I have noticed my BS score has gone up from a 6 to a 9, but I also notice that a lot of passages are informational type passages that test a lot content review or application of content review type questions. I heard that the MCAT is now putting more experimental passages on the BS section, so I wanted to know what resources to use or how best to prepare for any experimental passages that may come up on the actual exam?

My exam date is Jan 23rd and I just want to make sure I am fully prepared for both informational or experimental passages. (B/c now I just feel comfortable with informational type passages)

Oh and also, any advice on how to get more Genetics practice/preparation for those type of passages?

Thanks so much!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have been taking kaplan BS section tests as well as two of their full-length exams and I have noticed my BS score has gone up from a 6 to a 9, but I also notice that a lot of passages are informational type passages that test a lot content review or application of content review type questions. I heard that the MCAT is now putting more experimental passages on the BS section, so I wanted to know what resources to use or how best to prepare for any experimental passages that may come up on the actual exam?

My exam date is Jan 23rd and I just want to make sure I am fully prepared for both informational or experimental passages. (B/c now I just feel comfortable with informational type passages)

Oh and also, any advice on how to get more Genetics practice/preparation for those type of passages?

Thanks so much!!!!!

Do passages from The Berkeley Review and The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Science Workbook

Good luck

Do passages from The Berkeley Review and The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Science Workbook

Good luck

Okay thanks. I have done a few passages in TPR but not Berkeley. For Berkeley, it goes in a lot of detail, so should I just do the passages that pertain to that particular topic. For instance, they have maybe 2-3 passages out of 15+ passages that test directly enzyme kinetics/cellular resp. So I did the Glycolysis and ETC passages but not the passages that talk about calvin cycle, glycogen metabolism, Cholesterol Metabolism and Regulation etc.... Should I do it this way, or do I need to do all of those passages to be ready or any experimental passages?

Thanks again!

SWB is a godsend! And BK passages really aren't that bad... I didn't read ANY TBR bio but have been doing the passages. I get about 70-80% on them but I have been seeing increases in my bio score

Members don't see this ad :)